The ABWM Foundation endorses only the Wound Certification Prep Course (WCPC) as their recommended review course. WCPC is a great way to enhance your knowledge and is taught by American Board of Wound Management (ABWM) certified, multidisciplinary faculty, each of whom are uniquely qualified to prepare you for the exam you have chosen. In addition to attending WCPC, and to improve your rate of success in passing your exam, we highly recommend beginning a self-study program to help you prepare, recommended especially if you are planning on taking the exam following the WCPC course. Below is a recommended preparation algorithm:
- Review course content outline of the American Board of Wound Management (ABWM) exam you are taking:
- Certified Wound Care Associate (CWCA®) content outline
- Certified Wound Specialist (CWS®) content outline
- Certified Wound Specialist Physician (CWSP®) content outline
- Focus on your weakest areas of knowledge. Feel free to bring questions with you to the prep course and engage the faculty on areas you need to strengthen.
Review ABWM Foundation flashcards and focus on areas of weakness. The first 10 attendees to register per live course will receive a free set of these cards. If you do not qualify as one of the first 10 applicants to register for the course, you can still order the flashcards here.
- ABWM Foundation provides practice exams. Use the practice examination to help gauge your familiarity with the content areas of the examination, experience taking a computerized exam, review example content, and learn more about the question format, style, and level of difficulty. Recommended study resources available for purchase through the ABWM Foundation include:
Wound Certification Prep Course
In addition to your self-study program, the WCPC live courses provide:
- A comprehensive review of wound care and management that is guided by the blueprint of the ABWM content outline
- Interactive case-based studies and practice test questions for an engaging learning experience
- Tips on test-taking strategies to strengthen your confidence
- Instruction by a team of ABWM-certified expert clinician-educators who have taken the exams
- Flashdrive with syllabus
- A notebook